Current News in Pediatric Nursing
Want to see what the latest topics are revolving around pediatric nurses?
Check out these websites to stay on abreast of current news, but also view these resources when you are a practicing RN for free and fast information.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: The AAP is home to several long-term research programs to enhance the delivery of health care to children. The Pediatric Research in Office Settings program conducts studies using a network of 1,800 pediatricians working in office-based practices and is one of the longest-running research programs in the U.S.
- Children Disabilities Information: The Children's Disabilities Information website has a special focus on the special needs needs of preemies and young adoptees, as we meet many authors through our volunteer parenting websites on prematurity and adoption.
- Companion Website for Pediatric Nursing: Care of Children: To further enrich learning and teaching, this interactive study guide features Chapter Objectives, an Audio Glossary, NCLEX-RN® Review questions, Care Plan Activities, Case Studies, Thinking Critically questions, MediaLink Applications and WebLinks, which will help you apply the concepts presented in this new exciting text.
- MedScape MultiSpecialty News for Pediatric/Neonatal Care Nursing: View new articles and topics particular to neonatal care nursing in Medscape from WebMD that includes theHeart.org and eMedicine.com.
- Nurse.com Pediatric News: View current pediatric news. Nurse.com has been the most trusted source of nursing jobs; innovative, award-winning learning opportunities; compelling news and other resources that actively support registered nurses.
Resources for Parents
With the little time nursing students and nurses have to educate parents, keep in mind these resources that you can recommend to parents for their continued education:
- Healthchildren.org: The only parenting website backed by 60,000 pediatricians (The American Academy of Pediatrics) committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
- Pediatric Oncall: provides authentic and scientifically inclined articles for its viewers. The website is the result of the collaboration of many experienced doctors. It is an online clinical decision support and information system covering the whole spectrum of pediatrics.
- Pediatrics for Parents: Their goal is to help parents become an active and informed partner in your child's healthcare. This site provides: a monthly newsletter with in-depth articles that are written by pediatricians and other healthcare professionals for parents of children of all ages, up-to-date recall and safety information, full online access to every article that has appeared in our newsletters, and practical parenting tips.
- Safe Kids Worldwide: Safe Kids Worldwide is a global organization dedicated to preventing injuries in children, the number one killer of kids in the United States. The organization works with an extensive network of more than 600 coalitions in the United States and partners with organizations in 23 countries around the world to reduce injuries from motor vehicles, sports, drownings, falls, burns, poisonings and more.