Nursing Education in Video-- Use your database login!
Here are excellent nursing videos that ResU has just for the Community Health class! These videos are as recent as 2011, so click on the links below to view and start incorporating what you have read as a student into becoming a practicing RN!
- Diabetes in Clinical Practice
- From Media to Medicine
- Getting Ready for Terrorism: Preparing the Healthcare Community for Biological, Chemical, and Radiological Weapons
- Home Health Aide Series: Infection Control
- Infection Control and Public Health Measures
- Pandemic Flu: How to Protect Yourself and Your Family
- Patient Interactions, Communication and Personal Development
- The Challenge of Healthcare Literacy
- The Control of Infectious Diseases
- The Immune Response
- Victims of Abuse and Neglect: Meeting Identification and Reporting Standards
Health and Society in Video-- Use your database login!
These videos cover a huge range of community related topics. Click on the links below to view and start incorporating what you have read as a student into becoming a practicing RN! If you want to see all videos in this collection, go here!
- AIDS In America: The Crisis Continues
- All of Us
- An Alzheimer's Story
- Antibiotics: The Wonder Drugs
- Can't Afford to Grow Old
- Tell Me Where It Hurts: A New Way to Look at Ordinary Aches and Pains
- The Healing Attitude: The Empowered Patient
- The Origins of Disease
- Death Of The Working Classes
- Enviromental Toxins: Protecting Kids From Mercury, Lead and Pesticides
- Food For Thought
- Generation Rx: Reading, Writing And Ritalin
- Health and Hunches
- House Calls
- Invisible Armies
- Polio Vaccine
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Slow Food Revolution
- Weighing In: The Problems of Obesity
- Will We Ever Learn?
Current Affairs in Video-- Use your database login!
Understanding the current affairs side of public health is incredibly important. This series is extremely helpful relating to current public phobias regarding the medical field. Watching videos on these topics can help you connect as a nurse to the community that you're serving and be aware of current issues and questions that could occur during your practice as an RN.
- 6000 A Day: An Account of a Catastrophe Foretold
- A Vaccine for Dengue
- A Woman's Disease
- Avian Flu: Preparing for the Pandemic
- Curbing the Tide of Meningitis
- Kala Azar: Black Fever
- Malaria: Fighting Back
- New Weapon Against Malaria
- Rubella: Tomorrow's Children
- Saving Lives: Pneumonia
- The Deadly Trematodes
- The Malaria Vaccine
- The Measles War
- The Silent Killer: Hypertension
- Tuberculosis: Upgrading Our Defences
- Thalidomide: A New Lease of Life?
- The Battle for a Vaccine: HIV/AIDS