Registering for the NCLEX
These are the steps that you need to take to register for the NCLEX in Illinois. Here is a wonderful fact sheet that can also help you sign up and prepare for the NCLEX. If you would like to refer to the PowerPoints from Dr. Reese (they have more information), please see the attachments below:
Please note: Before filling out anything, keep in mind the name that you have on all of the documents to sign up for the NCLEX must MATCH the name on the form of identification you intend to use for the exam. Possible forms of identification are:
- Passport books and cards
- Driver’s license
- Provincial/Territorial or state identification card
- Permanent residence card
- Military identification card
1) To register for the NCLEX in the State of Illinois, click here.
2) Read the information and click on "Apply for Exam"
3) Enter your Information and it will be transferred to a form. Save, email, and print out the application.
4) Set up an account a Pearson Vue. Pay $200 via credit card or pre-paid card to sign up for the NCLEX. (You may have the option to pay the $98 for Continental Testing in this step too--if so, keep the receipt and make copies for step 10!) Creating an account now makes it easier when you get the Authorization to Test (ATT) by email. The Pearson code for Resurrection University is: US49505700
5) Get fingerprinted: go here for various Illinois locations. *Tell them you need fingerprints to get licensed to take your NCLEX/Nursing test. The people at the center should know. Approximate cost: $60. Keep your receipt for step 10!
6) After graduation, watch your ResU email for when you will need to pick up the ED-NUR form.
7) IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY: Print out the application you filled out in step one. Place that, your ED-NUR form, your fingerprint receipt, and a check for $98 made out to Continental Testing (if you did not pay for this in step 7) in an envelope.
8) Address envelope:
Continental Testing Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 100
LaGrange, Illinois 60525
9) Mail envelope—put tracking on the envelope to ensure delivery! (charges vary)
10) Wait for your Authorization to Test (ATT) in your email. Depending on the postage rate you purchased, it can be as fast as 3 business days, but could take longer. Questions about your ATT? Go here.
11) Once you receive the ATT email, sign up to take the NCLEX exam on Pearson Vue: scroll down for instructions under "scheduling", selecting at least 5-6 dates you would like to sit for the exam (incase dates a filled up). The earlier the dates, the better! This will motivate you to create a strict preparation schedule and study hard. Not sure how to study for the NCLEX? Go here.
Approximate cost for registering for the NCLEX: ~$365 View this page for additional answers regarding fees, cancelations, etc.